English French German Spanish Russian
Ryzom Forge Public Meetings agendas & reports - General - Ryzom Community ForumHomeGuest

General


uiWebPrevious123456uiWebNext

#71 Multilingual 

Multilingual | English | [Français]

Compte-rendu de la réunion de Ryzom Forge - 17 décembre 2018

Changement dans l'équipe Ryzom

Tamarea, 20:39 UTC
Commençons par les infos de l'équipe Ryzom. Mes deux rôles principaux sont de manager l'équipe Ryzom et ses projets, ainsi que d'assurer la communication extérieure et celle auprès des joueurs. Mais pour cela, il faut du temps. Beaucoup de temps. Ce qui implique que je dois m'entourer au maximum d'assistants au niveau de chaque équipe afin de pouvoir me libérer du temps et me concentrer sur ces deux rôles. Cela se traduit pas les changements suivants:
  • Tykus devient mon assistant côté management de l'équipe Ryzom. Tykus me remplace comme "tête du Support"
  • Jayvaraman devient mon assistant pour le Marketing
  • Arionasis m'assiste pour la Communication.

Q : Oups ! Ah si : on peut quand même envoyer des pioches sur Tykus ?
A : Il sait les renvoyer. ;)


Quelques nouvelles de l'équipe Comm/Marketing (NDA + RF)

Tamarea, 20:45 UTC
Communication:
  • Création de tracts pour communiquer de façon visuelle sur les futurs ajouts (en plus de la version détaillée en texte), à publier sur le forum, les sites web, les réseaux sociaux...
  • Réflexion en cours pour améliorer la communication (principalement avec les joueurs et en dans l'équipe)

Marketing:
  • Bubbason (RF) a rejoint l'équipe.
  • Réflexion en cours afin de rédiger un plan marketing.
  • Developpement du nouveau site web en cours.

Q : Qui crée les tracts ?
A : Le premier vient d'être réalisé par Ulukyn. Il a réalisé son idée, c'était plus simple et rapide que de l'expliquer. Par la suite, d'autres pourront en faire.

Infos de l'équipe Lore

Tamarea, 20:56 UTC
Gros applaudissements à pour le travail et la publication d'Azazor sur les tribus fyros. Il ne fait pas partie de l'équipe Lore, mais son travail est validé Lore et donc devient donc un document officiel. Et merci à Siela d'héberger tous ses textes ! J'espère qu'ils seront tous publiés sur le Wiki de Ryzom !

Ryzom Wiki

Zorroargh, 21:07 UTC
Depuis la dernière fois, j’ai essentiellement travaillé sur catégorisation des wikis afin qu’elle s’adapte aux différents utilisateurs. Les utilisateurs comme les développeurs, les animateurs, s’attendent à trouver facilement leurs espaces documentaires, alors qu’à l’autre extrême les joueurs de chaque groupe linguistique ont leurs intérêts qui ne convergent pas nécessairement. Entre les deux, il est intéressant que les guides et conseils de jeux soient facilement accessibles et comparables.

L’idée est donc de créer quatre racines :
  • Encyclopatys pour tous
  • Wikipatys, la boite à outils de nos wikis
  • Forge
  • Lore

Encyclopatys donne des ramifications qui correspondent aux divers intérêts communs du jeu, comme « Comment crafter ? », « Qui sont les Fyros ? », etc. Ces arborescences de départ sont les guides des 5 wikis linguistiques, mais les petites ramifications et les feuilles sont l’histoire libre de chacun. J’ai écrit ce plan qui sera fini pour dans une semaine à peu près (j’espère). Voilà, et un énorme merci à Nilstilar.

Q : Sur le wiki, on ne peux plus ajouter d'image. Une idée de la date de résolution ?
A : Le téléversement si Ryzom Commons fonctionne !

Lanceurs d'Events

Tamarea, 21:33 UTC
J'aimerais maintenant vous présenter une toute nouvelle équipe sur le point d'être créée : l'équipe « Lanceurs d'Events ».

Observation : notre problème actuel est le suivant : nous avons scripté des events HRP (mini-boss et invasions), nous avons un outil pour les lancer simplement (il suffit de sélectionner et cliquer) mais.... personne ou presque n'est là pour les lancer.
Raison : ce n'est pas le rôle des acteurs de lancer des événements HRP scriptés, ni celui des Arkitectes qui ont créé ces événeme
Résultat : trop peu d'événements HRP scriptés sont lancés.
Solution : création d'une équipe (NDA + RF) dont le rôle sera de lancer ces événements : l'équipe « Events Launchers » (Lanceurs d'Events).

Q : Quels privilèges ?
A : Les lanceurs d'events pourront exécuter des scripts sur Atys, mais sans pouvoir les lire ni lire d'autres scripts « Atys ».

Q : Comment lancer ces événements ?
A : Il existe un outil dédié, très simple d'utilisation. Il suffit de rester dans le jeu jusqu'à ce que les créatures apparaissent.

Q : Quand lancer ces événements et lesquels ?
A : Il y aura un calendrier à respecter.

Q : Qui peut postuler ?
A : Tous les membres de l'équipe Ryzom (NDA ou RF). Nous commencerons par les NDA, tout en vérifiant que l'accès et les privilèges sont adéquats, mais n'importe qui peut s'adresser dès maintenant à Tamarea.

Q : NDA, ça veut dire « de l'Équipe Ryzom » ?
A : L'équipe Ryzom est composée de membres sous NDA (Accord de non-divulgation) et de membres libres de NDA. Ces derniers sont appelés communément « Ryzom Forge ».

Q : Désolé d'être hors-sujet, mais qu'est-ce qui fait la différence ? Les membres sous NDA ont-ils plus de privilèges ?
A : Tous ceux qui aident à améliorer et à faire avancer le jeu font partie de l'équipe Ryzom. Ils travaillent au quotidien ensemble, sans différenciation, à égalité. La seule différence se fait au niveau des accès : un joueur qui n'est pas sous NDA ne peut pas par exemple accéder aux primitives (il faut qu'il signe un NDA pour ça). Certaines équipes sont entièrement sous NDA : Support, Animation, Lore. Toutes les autres sont mixtes. Ce qui permet aux joueurs le désirant de venir facilement aider au sein d'une équipe ou d'un projet.

Q : Une autre question, cependant : une équipe entière pour simplement pousser un bouton pour un event qui existe déjà... Ça semble une bien petite tâche pour la confier à une équipe spéciale.
A : Vu comme ça, oui. Mais dans la pratique, on fait quasiment tous partie de plusieurs équipes et notre temps est plus que compté. Avoir des personnes dédiées sera donc dune grande aide, même si cette aide sera ponctuelle. La question me permet de faire la transition avec le sujet suivant : le recrutement.

Le recrutement

Tamarea, 21:53 UTC
Cette semaine, je souhaite mettre en avant les trois équipes suivantes : Ark, Event et Event Launchers. Nous payons très bien en cookies et en café virtuels ! En fait, notre meilleure récompense, c'est le sourire des joueurs. C'est pour eux que nous sommes tous là ! :) Le point commun entre tous ceux de l'équipe Ryzom, c'est qu'ils aiment ce jeu et ont choisi de donner un peu de leur temps pour lui et sa communauté. Certains ont beaucoup de temps à lui consacrer, d'autres très peu, mais peu importe. Car tous ensemble, pas après pas, nous faisons avancer les choses. Un certain nombre de nouveautés et d'améliorations sont en cours. Mais il nous reste des goulets d'étranglements : les équipes en sous-nombre. Et c'est là que nous avons besoin de recrues.
  • Ark team (NDA facultative): pour travailler sur Ark, l'outil permettant de créer du contenu en jeu (des « Pocket Worlds », mais aussi des missions, des rites, des Rois, des évènement scriptés, etc.)
  • Event Launcher (NDA facultative): (voir explications ci-dessus)
  • Event team (NDA obligatoire): pour jouer le rôle d'acteur pendant les évènements RP

Si certains d'entre vous souhaitent postuler ou simplement obtenir des informations supplémentaires, qu'ils m'écrivent SVP à tamarea@ryzom.com.

Infos sur les projets Ryzom

Tamarea, 22:13 UTC
Rappel : vous pouvez voir la Feuille de route et le Calendrier sur la page principale du WebIG.
(l y a une icône pour afficher la feuille de route. Je vous conseille de le faire hors jeu pour un meilleur rendu.

Quelques dates :
  • 20 décembre : Patch d'Atysoël
  • du 21 décembre au 6 janvier : Événements Atysoël
  • 6 janvier : Premier événement RP de 2019

En test / Bientôt en test :
  • Evénements d'Atysoël
  • Nouveau Roi (Yubokin)
  • Îles de Guilde (étape 1)
  • Équilibrage du jeu Ranger
  • Jetons excellents
  • Evénements Dynamiques
Une partie du patch de l'an de Jena 2601 aurait dû avoir lieu le 20 décembre, en même temps que le patch d'Atysoël, mais le délai sera trop court pour tout terminer et tester correctement, donc nous préférons attendre janvier pour le "Patch de l'an de Jena 2601".

Q : Il y aura des sapins à abattre durant Atysoël ?
A : Nous ne remettrons pas les sapins cette année. Ils reviendront l'an prochain. ;)

Q : Et avez vous une idée de pourquoi les pantalons de Yule sont HS et s'ils seront gagnables ?
A : Nous devons le refaire en partie, notamment la partie récompense, et le délai sera trop court pour cela.

Q : Yubokin est un Roi réservé à Atysoël ou sera-t-il présent de façon permanente ? Aura-t-til une apparence particulière ou est-il seulement un gigantesque yubo ?
A : Yubokin sera un Roi permanent sur Silan. Il aura une texture de roi.

Q : Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas avec les cadeaux des Sapins d'Atysoël? Pouvez-vous développer ce point ?
A : Depuis que nous avons créé la nouvelle Roue, tous les lots « durables » passent par elle. Les events HRP permettent de gagner des consommables et / ou des jetons pour jouer à cette Roue. Les lots qu'on trouvait auparavant dans les butins sont donc à présent gagnables à la Roue, ainsi que de nouveaux lots.

Q : Et le Yubohoo ? Il ne paraîtra pas lui non plus cette année ?
A : Il y aura une annonce listant les events d'Atysoël 2018. Il devrait y avoir de quoi plaire à tous.

Last edited by Moniq (5 months ago)

#72 Multilingual 

Multilingual | [English] | Français

Ryzom Forge meeting (January 21st, 2019)

Date: monday, January 21st, 20:30 UTC (21:30 CET)

Meeting place: Atys, on Ryzomforge channel (/channel ryzomforge), or on chat. ryzom. com (channel #ryzomforge) for players who have already opened the channel ingame.

Duration: 1.5 hour

Participants: all Ryzom players wishing to join.
Nature: informative, questions & answers and feedback meeting.
Topic: Added, in test and ready to be tested projects.
Agenda
  • Ryzom Team
    • Recruitement
    • Team infos
  • Ryzom Projects:
    • Content of next patch (JA 2602)

Ryzom Forge meeting report - January 21st, 2019

Ryzom news and recruitments

Tamarea (RT) - 19:35 UTC
Welcome to Drecyan, new recruit of the FR Event team, to Zeligmane, back in the same team and to Waum back in the FR Support team!
Now we would have to do the same on the English, German and Spanish sides and that would be perfect.
We also recruit volunteers to join Graphics team (3D and/or 2D), Development team and ARK team. If interested, please send an email to tamarea@ryzom.com.

Q: On the last meeting, you called for volunteers to form a team of scripted OOC Events Launchers. Did you get any answers?
A:
Few answers so far. I hope to receive some more.

Q: In order for candidates to determine if their level of expertise in 2D and 3D imaging will allow them to be useful, could we have an approximate idea of the objectives of the Graphics team?
A:
There are some for all levels: redesign the icons in a better resolution (for improvement of the user interface – see below), create new icons, apartment ornaments, pop-up objects, equipments, buildings… But also create flyers to announce a patch, illustrate a publication, help on the web site…

Marketing plan

Tamarea (RT) - 19:42 UTC
Ryzom's marketing action plan for 2019 has been completed and has been used as a basis for preparing the general planning for the year for the entire Ryzom team. This general planning sequences 2019 in Jena years (aka "JA"). Each JA, we will work on several categories of tasks, the main ones being as follows:
  • Ingame content – New content, improvements, fixes of bugs explloitable or not, events, rewards.
  • Places – New website, Ryzom wikis, Forum, Steam Ryzom page, AppStore, Social networks.
  • Communication – Promotion of JY patches and events, press releases, improvement of keywords research / SEO*, presence on websites and forums…
  • Volunteers – Recruitment and training.
——————
* SEO (Search Engine Optimization) : "process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine's unpaid results" (dixit Wikipedia).

Miscallenous informations

Tamarea (RT) & Tykus(RT) - 19:52 UTC
  • A Saga storyline is in preparation which will be used at events played regularly in 2019. (We have more Events team members this year, enough to restart roleplay events on a regular basis.)
  • Fix of the issue which blocks the sending of some responses to tickets since several weeks or even months. (If you have sent a ticket to support@ryzom.com and are still waiting for an answer, please contact us again.)
  • Fix of an API bug.
  • Mini-patch applied on Atys, to fix the bug of reconnection in Fyros territory when the character was disconnected in an apartment, a Guild Hall or under the Scenographic Editor.
  • The fix of the K/K Oflovak mission bug (validation failure) is being tested on Atys since the bug does not exist on Yubo (testing server).
  • Fix of Aen respawn after a bug of hers.
  • Statue of Ashuleila: it was finally erected, but unfortunately, it did not withstand a heavy storm that occurred last night. And our schedule doesn't allow us to build it again... So we will discuss this again in 2050.

Q: Any idea of the date of resolution of the inventory bug (the filter by clicking on "?" is now ineffective) and of the objects-grouping one (the displayed list of equipped objects is faulty)?
A:
We are actively working on this and should soon be successful. As mentioned above, the bug that prevented replies to tickets from being sent is now fixed and we are taking this opportunity to improve their tracking (e.g. acknowledgement of receipt giving the number of the ticket). However, it is still recommended that players issuing tickets always use the same email address while exchanging with the team about the same ticket.

Q: Could I join the 3D team to help rebuild the statue of my leader, the divine Ashuleila, goddess of Atys and mother of the Homins?
A:
So uh... the door is wide open to join the 3D team (and the needs are big!) Cookies and virtual drinks offered! As for the famous statue, it is planned for 2050 so we will have to work on something else in the meantime…

Q: Can we expect a little bit of kitins to surge from Prime Roots?
A:
Kitin invaders should not be unknown to anyone in 2019... far from it!

Q: Some tips about the future Saga?
A:
Spoil forbidden! Just a little more patience, it is coming!

Content of the next patch (JA 2602)

Tamarea (RT) - 20:48 UTC
You can follow the progress of what is scheduled for the next patch into the roadmap, accessible via https://app.ryzom.com, "Roadmap" button.
Direct links to the roadmap by language: German (missing translation to come soon), English, Spanish (missing translation to come soon), French.
The patch is scheduled for February 1st.
New content
  • Powo Creator: Guild Islands (step 1) – Choose your guild island from five, add a scenery, NPCs and customize it! Friends and guests admitted! Have a good time!
  • New Boss on Silan – Yubokin Boss will appear on Silan. So cute!!!!!!!! But it's a Boss… How are you going to react?
  • Excellent tokens – Did you dream of them? They're coming! Thanks to them, you will have access to better rewards… And you will also have a better chance of winning the new Gubani mount!
  • Wheel Rewards – A new companion (zig), new wigs for all races, refugee clothes of different colors, colorful underwear… Which ones will you get?
Maintenance & improvements
  • Ultimate balancing of the Ranger gameplay: addition of resurrection points to the Paths of 250-regions and Prime Roots regions, capitals' Paths moved closer to a K teleporter and Wastelands' Path moved toward Midway Point.
  • Improvement of the user interface: this is only a first step because there is a lot to do. But we'll go on!
  • Improvement of the WebIG browser.
  • Marauder gameplay: new recharging shop for teleporting crystals and new color of these ones so that not to confuse them with sap crystals.
  • Abolition of neutral status in the combat zone of outpost battles.
  • Fix of a bug of campfires (since this is an explotable one, I won't say more).
  • Automation of skill titles. You will no longer have to contact us to ask for them!

21:07 UTC: Tamarea closes the meeting.


Last edited by Tamarea (4 months ago)

---

Tamarea
Ryzom Team Manager
(FR / EN / ES)

tamarea@ryzom.com



Ryzom Forge Wiki

#73 Multilingual 

Multilingual | Français | [English]

Ryzom Forge meeting report – February 4th, 2019

Patch JA 2602 (Tykus)

Tykus
The planned patch has been delayed due to the test server. It was postponed by a week.

Redesign of range weapons (Tykus)

Tykus
The redesign of the range will go into public test mode at the end of the week. We need volunteers to carry out these tests, especially in PVP. For those who are interested in participating in the tests and who do not yet have access to the test server, contact Tamarea.

Q: Will there be a scheduled time, to get the most people around at once?
R: We will try to organize in session (several are possible depending on availability), otherwise the tests will not be done in good conditions.

Q: Can beginners participate? Will that be relevant?
R: Beginners will also be welcome.

Q: How will we know for the schedule?
R: I will propose schedules in the test channel.

To participate to tests on the test server, please contact Tamarea by DM on Rocket-chat.

PVP 2.0 (Tykus)

Tykus
An idea for revising the pvp is currently being studied in the GameDesign team, we are trying to make it a little more dynamic, you will have more news in the coming weeks .

Q: Can you expand more?
R: All I can tell you is that it will remain consensual, but the changes will lead players to want to practice it…

Recruitment (Tykus)

Tykus
We are looking for volunteers for the GFX team, in 2D and 3D, if you have the skills and some time, contact Tamarea.
We are also looking for CSRs in EN and FR.

For recruitment, please send an email to tamarea@ryzom.com

Miscellanous questions


Q: How fares the marketing plan and all that sort of things?
R: External communications have started, we just need some content to communicate on, but it's on the right way.

Q: How goes work on the new inventory search?
R: It’s in progress.

Q: Is something planed about economy?
R: Not for the moment, but make a proposal on the forum, if you have an idea.

Q: Any news about Ashuleila's statue?
R: The banded statue?
R: 2080.

End of meeting

Edited 4 times | Last edited by Kyriann (4 months ago)

---

Kyriann Ba'Zephy Rie
Cheffe de la guilde Bai Nhori Drakani
Ambassadrice de la Fédération auprès de la Théocratie
Taliar
Mère de famille

#74 Multilingual 

Multilingual | [English] | Français

Ryzom Forge meeting (March 4th, 2019)

Date: monday, march 4th, 20:30 UTC (21:30 CET)

Meeting place: Atys, on Ryzomforge channel (/channel ryzomforge), or on chat. ryzom. com (channel #ryzomforge) for players who have already opened the channel ingame.

Duration: 1.5 hour

Participants: all Ryzom players wishing to join.
Nature: informative, questions & answers and feedback meeting.
Topic: Added, in test and ready to be tested projects.

Agenda
  • New servers
  • Range weapons refactoring
  • PVP 2.0
  • Feedback for guild island
  • Recruitement

Last edited by Margote (3 months ago) | Reason: [EN]Fixed multi-language [FR]Correction multi-langages

#75 Multilingual 

Multilingual | Français | [English]

Ryzom Forge meeting report – March 4th, 2019

New servers (Tykus)

Tykus
We decided to change [the servers] (staying at OVH) for cheaper and much more efficient servers, which should considerably improve game performances. It's always ssd stuff.
We also acquired a 2nd test server (named Gingo) which [...] will be a mirror of Atys, which will allow us to manage any bugs as closely as possible.
Finally, the billing server will also be replaced.
All these changes have been validated by Winch Gate and are already underway.

Q: Will recurent billing be impacted?
R: No, the billing datas will be moved on the new server.

Q: Support level (OVH one) will remain the same?
R: Yes, the same level of support as before.

Range weapons refactoring (Tykus)

Tykus
The shooting tests are entering the 2nd week of testing, we will carry out team tests, for this you need a significant number of players present at each session. We need shooters but also tanks and mages (off and heal). The more numerous we will be, the more effective the tests will be and the closer to reality.

To join the tests (everybody’s welcome even newbies):
  • Report your availability in channel #t-test, if you already have an access to the test server
  • If not, contact Tamarea as soon as possible on Rocket-chat or by email to tamarea@ryzom.com


Q: Refactoring? Rebalance or a complete re-creation ?
R: Rebalance + minor changes.

Q: Will it impact current lvl of players?
R: No, lvl won't change, only receipes will slightly change and the range weapon strategy.

Q: Will the mass of ammo change?
R: Yes, and the space taken too.

PVP 2.0 (Tykus)

Tykus
The first things we will modify/add will be:
- the gain of PVP points in PVP primes roots ;
- the addition of "Resurrection NPCs" in the arenas (which will allow you to resurrect directly in the arena when you die there. From a PR point of view, they will be healers (resuscitators).
These two amendments are part of a broader plan to reform/refresh the PVP.
The whole plan will be implemented over the next few months, in various small patches and not during a large one, […] allowing us to better manage any remaining bugs.

Q: New PVP area?
R: Not for the moment, we'll make the one we have more interesting.

Guild Island feedback (Tykus)

Tykus
The guilds islands have been implemented with the latest patch. What do you think about them? What improvements would you like to have in the future? Do you encounter technical problems?

Different questions about the Scenographic Editor.
Tykus
[...]I think a post on the forum would be the best (with a link on wiki tutorial).

Topic for guild island: https://app.ryzom.com/app_forum/index.php?page=topic/view/29462/1

Recruitment (Tykus)

Tykus
We're always looking after Graphics (2D and/or 3D) and some CSR's all language.If you're interested, please contact Tamarea by email to tamarea@ryzom.com

Others questions (Tykus)

Q: Would we have saddle for Gubanis? Cause their back are quite unconfortable.
R: Good question, I asked the same one to Ulu, I will ask him once again.

Q: When is the Bugged Ranger PvP flagged tp going to be fixed?
R: Soon.

End of meeting

---

Kyriann Ba'Zephy Rie
Cheffe de la guilde Bai Nhori Drakani
Ambassadrice de la Fédération auprès de la Théocratie
Taliar
Mère de famille

#76 Multilingual 

Multilingual | [English] | Français

Ryzom Forge meeting (March 18th, 2019)

Date: monday, march 18th, 20:30 UTC (21:30 CET)

Meeting place: Atys, on Ryzomforge channel (/channel ryzomforge), or on chat. ryzom. com (channel #ryzomforge) for players who have already opened the channel ingame.

Duration: 1.5 hour

Participants: all Ryzom players wishing to join.
Nature: informative, questions & answers and feedback meeting.
Topic: Added, in test and ready to be tested projects.

Agenda
    • [In Dev] New interface for K/K TP
    • New servers
    • Publications
    • Recruitement

Last edited by Maupas (2 months ago) | Reason: Date of meeting

---

Tamarea
Ryzom Team Manager
(FR / EN / ES)

tamarea@ryzom.com



Ryzom Forge Wiki

#77 Multilingual 

Multilingual | [English] | Français

Ryzom Forge meeting report - March 18th, 2019

New interface for teleports

Inky (RT) - 20:37 UTC
To introduce this project, i would like to talk about the current teleportation system, which is starting to be old now.

The religious factions are using what we call pacts, imagined as a pearl for Kamis and ticket for Karavan. It allows one player to teleport easily over the world of Atys, by and using the law of the Powers. In Gameplay it is related to having one pact per zone in the inventory. As you know already, when one pact is used a player needs to replace it manually by buying a new pact from an altar. It is approximately 45+ pacts in the bag, and takes 0.2 bulk each pact.

So, here is the original request: https://app.ryzom.com/app_forum/index.php?page=post/view/191858.
So players did request a modernized interface, as an answer to this we will provide you an easy to use interface client side. It will act as a container for existant in-bag pacts. Important note: the system is local and without any loading time over network, so it do not rely on ARK (like some players asked). Since it is based on a booklet method one player can also use the old teleportation system. It is elastic enough to be used in a lot of different ways, depending the situation. Alright, to finish, It will have also an auto pacts feature, sort of "click & forget" option allowing a player to buy pact automatically without clicking on the altar every time.

I hope you will be happy with this new system, I will monitor the feedback with care ! :) Any questions?

PS: One more thing, to introduce the new system we will remove the bulk of teleportation pact for everyone.

Q: Same for all factions (Rangers use Kami/Kara TP too)?
A:
For now we are discussing about it, but Rangers do have already a teleportation system.

Q (to Inky): Kinda of out of topic question, but, who are you?
A (by Tamarea):
Inky will take care of developing the players' ideas the team will validate. This first idea is therefore the beginning of a long list!

Q: Will this avoid "cheat" TP as we used to have in marauder faction (i.e teleporting on water, while sitting, while being invu, etc.)?
A:
The system will use mainly the old teleportation code, it only add booklets. So these bugs won't happen.

Q: When will this be available? And for whom? (All users? Patch needed?)
A:
It's scheduled for JY 2603's patch (around mid-April) and the system is meant to be used by Karavan and Kami factions.

Q: And what about Neutrals?
A:
We are discussing it, an expansion for neutral is possible but not for now. As you can see in the original request, we want to encourage and provide content addition for Karavaneers and Kamists. But, as said, the old system can still be used by everyone.

Q: Will we retain the pacts acquired before the new system?
A:
You will retain old pacts, yes - not to mention they will not have any bulk now too.

New servers

Tamarea (RT) - 21:32 UTC
  • The new "Gingo" test server is installed. It is an Atys mirror, which will be used exclusively for pre-patch tests.
  • The billing server has just been changed. The switch from the old to the new was smooth, although it caused two days of blocking account creation and subscriptions via WorldPay . Everything has been operational again for a few hours. From now on, account.ryzom.com replaces secure.ryzom.com.
  • A new storage server has just been purchased, it will be activated soon.
  • The next server to be changed will be the game server ( Atys).
  • Finally, we will change the WebIG server.
These new servers (still SSD) are cheaper and much more efficient than the current ones, which should considerably improve game performance.

Press releases and articles

Tamarea (RT) - 21:42 UTC
Several sites have published or built on our latest press release (on the JY 2602 patch) or on our recent publication about the game backstage ("Behind the Scenes"):

Closing (Volunteer Recruitment)

Tamarea (RT) - 21:47 UTC
  • We are looking for CSRs (DE, EN, FR, including CSRs in American time zones).
  • We are also looking for Animators (actors) to play roleplay events (DE, EN, FR, including animators in American time zones).

21:57 UTC: Tamarea closes the meeting.

Edited 5 times | Last edited by Nilstilar (2 months ago)

---

#78 Multilingual 

Multilingual | [English] | Français

Ryzom Forge meeting (April 15th, 2019)

Date: monday, aprilth, 19:30 UTC (21:30 CEST)

Meeting place: Atys, on Ryzomforge channel (/channel ryzomforge), or on chat. ryzom. com (channel #ryzomforge) for players who have already opened the channel ingame.

Duration: 1.5 hour

Participants: all Ryzom players wishing to join.
Nature: informative, questions & answers and feedback meeting.
Topic: Added, in test and ready to be tested projects.

Agenda
    • Ryzom Wikis
    • Refugee Days
    • JY 2603 patch
    • Recruitement

---

Tamarea
Ryzom Team Manager
(FR / EN / ES)

tamarea@ryzom.com



Ryzom Forge Wiki

#79 Multilingual 

Multilingual | Français | [English]

Ryzom Forge meeting report – 2019/04/15

Status of the Ryzom Wiki (Zorroargh)

Zorroargh
The merge of the Forge and the Lore is [...] completed. But, as patrolling, I still find some little fails. So, as for now, I'm mostly working on categorization and aesthetics for them to be uniform and to Ryzom universe fit. Among other tasks, I am now answering a demand from Tamarea about Lore and Events: infoboxes for NPC. Contributors are not numerous but they are very active and work on the three original wikis (DE, EN & FR). When I find some time, I personnaly do some little bits of translation into spanish.

[Event] Refugee Days (Tamarea)

Tamarea
The Refugee Day, which began earlier, will end on April 23. It includes two OOC events: a treasure hunt and a small egg hunt, and a roleplay part, which will take place on April 18th. This RP event will highlight a part of Lore around the First Great Swarming, the Exodus and the Refugees, but also the history of the Rangers, directly linked to this part of the history of Atys. The event will continue with an expedition.

To learn more: https://app.ryzom.com/app_forum/index.php?page=post/view/194494

Q: Why are there so few eggs which pop?
R: There are eggs in each region of the nations (not in the Prime Roots) and they will come back often enough for everyone!

Q: There are different bugs in the small egg hunt (« old » tokens, won items that don’t appear in the special bag,...)
R: I just reported the issues to the dev, but we'll have to wait until tomorrow now. (so today!)

Be careful, you won’t win anything if you kill the egg in one shoot.
There are also giant eggs all around the surface of Atys for the treasure hunt. One Egg for each region to find and target.

Jena Year (JY) 2603 patch (Tamarea)

Tamarea
The progress of the work can be viewed on the roadmap: https://board.ryzom.com/?controller=BoardViewController&actio n=readonly&token=c46b5ea0f37c83d155f3eacc3acf6956ee75cbfca4af a3f2c107fcb4e74d
New features:
  • Addition of Kitin dynamic invasions
  • Addition of a roleplay reward system
  • Addition of another dynamic event later in 2603: federal merchant
Maintenance :
  • Move billing on a new server (done)
  • Move server test Yubo on a new server
  • Create a second Test server: Gingo
  • Rebuilding of New Horizons
  • Amelioration of K/K pact interface
  • Move Masters of the Goo to marauder tribe
  • Wheel of Fortune: Fix of several bugs
  • PoWo Guild Islands: Fix of several bugs
  • Titles: Fix of several bugs
  • Store user created channels (Store user created channels (dynamic) and restore them. This will prevent the loss of channels at server crash or reboot.)
Next changes to come for 2603 or 2604:
  • Move Atys on a new server
  • Move WebIg on a new server


Q: Will that change our fame among the Goo Masters?
R: The missions of the Masters of the Goo will help to gain marauder fame.

Q: Will the tribe stay available at least neutral to Karavaneers? How will the fame distribution with the newly aligned MoG look like?
R: The Karavan leaves the tribe, which becomes entirely marauder. On the other hand, I no longer have the minimum fame to access it in mind. The best thing will be for you to go and see carefully on the spot.

Recruitment (Tamarea)

Tamarea
We are looking for CSRs, Devs and Graphics members (DE, EN, FR, including CSRs on US time zones).
We are also looking for Animators (actors) to play roleplay events (DE, EN, FR, including animators on American time zones).
Finally, we are looking for russian and spanish translators and proofreaders.
To apply, please contact Tamarea (tamarea@ryzom.com)!

End of meeting

---

Kyriann Ba'Zephy Rie
Cheffe de la guilde Bai Nhori Drakani
Ambassadrice de la Fédération auprès de la Théocratie
Taliar
Mère de famille

#80 Multilingual 

Multilingual | [English] | Français

Ryzom Forge meeting (May 13th, 2019)

Date: monday, may 13th, 19:30 UTC (21:30 CEST)

Meeting place: Atys, on Ryzomforge channel (/channel ryzomforge), or on chat. ryzom. com (channel #ryzomforge) for players who have already opened the channel ingame.

Duration: 1.5 hour

Participants: all Ryzom players wishing to join.
Nature: informative, questions & answers and feedback meeting.
Topic: Added, in test and ready to be tested projects.

Agenda
    • Ryzom Wikis
      • Creation of a "Wiki" workgroup
      • Improvement of our Wiki documentation
      • New publications
    • Ceremony in memory of Arionasis (may 10th)
    • JY 2603 patch
    • Recruitement

Edited 2 times | Last edited by Tamarea (2 weeks ago)

---

Tamarea
Ryzom Team Manager
(FR / EN / ES)

tamarea@ryzom.com



Ryzom Forge Wiki

#81 Multilingual 

Multilingual | [English] | Français

Ryzom Forge meeting report - May 13th, 2019

Improvement of our Wiki documentation

Tamarea 21:57
This is something we need to improve significantly... Both in terms of documentation for Ryzom Forge and for players. Open question about RF documentation: how to add Khaganat documentation in our wikis? (Khaganat and Ryzom Forge are partners, but have different wikis.) We already uploaded a part of it, but it's a lot outdated and the links are dead. I let you think about the RF technical documentation, we'll talk again about it on the forum, on RC or during the next meeting. The second kind of documentation is the one for players: how to have them updated on the wiki with all gameplay changes and new content? Any proposal?

Q: Did you mean Khaganat's documentation is outdated, Tamarea? Or is it ours?
A: Our wikis are not compatible, so even if we import them, we don't have their updates. And as their tree structure has changed, our links are dead. And that's a pity, given the richness of their technical documentation

Craftjenn 22:13
I cleaned old stuffs these last years… But I need help (knowledge), as I don't know Atys enough. The dedicated channel will help to correct errors or outdated data.
Faeloe 22:16
Maybe we could organize meetings closed or open to players with only some pages of contribution per session. I think we know enough people to organize ourselves moments to do it.

Tamarea 22:16
There are also wiki pages in other languages. And here we are short of contributors. Those who want to help with Ryzom wikis (and think about the issues) can join the public channel dedicated to the Wiki, which I will create as soon as the meeting is over. Now I let the wiki contributors speak, who will tell you about their publications, or what they want in relation to the wiki. :) Craftjenn has the floor!
Craftjenn 22:30
A pity Zorroargh is not here… I don't have many feed back from readers / users. It's hard to know what is missing, too. As a Ranger, we help lot of youngs, and I was quite fed up to give the same old advices over and over again. I starded contributions because of that… just a note pad, to copy and paste. Then I noticed that the main contributor was of my own Guild. As you (maybe) know, there are six wikis: one for images and five wiki, very differents for each language (mains are EN FR DE), written by different people. Same issue with the forum: as Atys has a very long history, many posts are outdated (especially technical details and spoilers). A part of contributions are free (see the work of Lou Tei-Sang, or some writings as Eleanide's ones), an other part is LORE validated.

Q: Do you have any recent publications to show us?
A: Easy: on main page, a link show all recents changes. On the EN wiki (Navigation/Recent changes)

Dorothee 22:46
Jenn and me are working on pages Arionasis, Teeneemai, Tyneetryk's Tears…
Heernis 22:46
My POV I used wiki not often at the beginning. Everything was French and English translation, many articles were bad and german ones didnt exist.
Craftjenn 22:47
I think a begining would be focus on FR and EN. I was as Heernis, reading english stuffs. I thought: I am not the best translator, but I can take some notes (summarize), try to translate, it could help an other French reader
Moniq & Tamarea 22:49
It would be great to get members of all teams involved on the wiki channel. Contributors, translators, proofreaders, lorists, sys-admin, …
Craftjenn 22:51
Here is an other example (EN and FR) of https://en.wiki.ryzom.com/wiki/Wheel_of_fortune
Heernis 22:52
At the moment it seems I am alone at writing content for the German part of the wiki. Would be good to involve other german writers. And even if french people use DeepL to translate then put articles in German wiki, it is much better that nothing.
Tamarea 22:53
Good idea to use DeepL for German translations. Otherwise the Germans will have an entire wiki to translate…

Tamarea 22:53
Do other contributors wish to speak?
Eleanide 22:56
At the moment I am updating article about the Wheel, an article whose original was in FR. I don't reveal there all that can be won at the Wheel. To keep suspense. But I try to explain all is worth to know about the Wheel. Here is an example of an article to update :)

Tamarea 23:03
Do other contributors wish to speak?
Nilstilar 23:03
My last contribution: https://fr.wiki.ryzom.com/wiki/Avant-propos. A fine story, written in French by a fellow player, that I'll translate to EN someday. I also contributed to User's Manual, Silan's Missions and Botanical articles.

Q: Another thing about the wiki: It would be great, since there are filters, that articles needing to be proofreading or updating or watewer should be listed somewhere automatically. If there is a list like that please let me know. None of the "Special pages" (bottom of all sites) was like I thought.

Tamarea 23:12
It's time to move on to the next topic, the clock is ticking! Think about joining #pj-ryzom_wiki on RC if you want to help in any way with our wikis!

Ceremony for Arionasis (may 10th)

Tamarea 23:17
I hope that most of those who so wished were able to attend this tribute ceremony. For the record, we just removed the Arionasis banner from the game, which was laying on the ground near Chiang. But Ari, his yubo zig, will remain permanently present (you can pet him). It was very emotional to see everyone present on Silan and to listen to everyone's words… We will publish the report of the ceremony, with pictures, on the forum. But I've seen that contributors have already created articles on the wiki: well done! For info, we have since one year the project of a permanent memorial for all players who passed away (waiting project). Any comment before to move to next topic?
Craftjenn 23:21
On the French wiki, there's a dedicated category for that. I will build the structure for that.

Next patch (JY 2603)

Tamarea 23:27
It is scheduled for May 18th (after midnight CEST). For US, on May 17th after 22:00 UTC.

DeepL ingame translation

Tamarea 23:29
Topic added to the agenda. Internally RRT and RF use a lot of DeepL automatic translator: https://www.deepl.com/translator We use it easily in events, by copy/paste, and I am doing the same right now for this meeting. DeepL translates much better than Google Translation, and this is particularly visible between German and French. We are testing the DeepL app on the test server, in order to use it as an automatic translator on all channels of the game. If it is successful (and it is on the way), we will install it on Atys. Then, there will be an option to enable/disable machine translations. This should greatly help to overcome the language barrier. And also to make events and meetings more comfortable!
Moniq 23:38
I must note that the number of supported languages is limited however.
Tamarea 23:41
DeepL supports more and more languages. In the beginning, there were four, compared to nine now, including the five languages of the game.
Heernis 23:42
German, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Polish and Russian are supported.

Q: With this thing enabled, one will see everything in chats translated? Or will it only translate what one wants to say to chat?
A: I suggest you wait until we have it, before asking how it will work. We first test the translation as a whole. Then we will work on the "optional translation" part. The feedback from the testers will then be crucial to "model" this option. So I don't have an answer to that question yet. And of course, we will then improve the "optional translation" according to your own feedback, once DeepL is implemented on Atys. Who wants to know more should ask to go in test team.

Recruitment

Tamarea 23:44
We recruit volunteers in almost all our teams: Ark, Comm-Marketing, Dev, Event, Game-Design, Level-Design, Support, Test, Translation. If you have any questions or are interested in any of these teams, please contact Tamarea on RC or by e-mail at tamarea@ryzom.com. To apply directly: tamarea@ryzom.com

Edited 3 times | Last edited by Moniq (2 days ago) | Reason: #ryzom-wiki -> #pj-ryzom_wiki

#82 Multilingual 

Multilingual | [English] | Français

Special Ryzom Forge meeting report - May 23rd, 2019

Tamarea, 19:45 UTC
This special meeting of Ryzom Forge is being held at the request of Inky, who is the creator of the K/K pacts interface and the addition of welcome messages on the ingame channels. He would like to have your feedback on these additions. Inky, you have the floor!

Karavan/Kami teleport interface

Inky, 19:54 UTC
We will start with feedback about teleport interface for kami and karavan players, you are on stage! First sorry for inconvenience with the resurrection issue using autopact. It is now fixed :) As some of you may have noticed the autopact does not need maximum fame to be used. It is a misunderstanding from the communication team. I try to give you a way to use your system with (visual) comfort, and introduced the autopact feature with the same spirit. The goal with Auto Pact feature is to remove that urge need to stack pacts to be able to play (and not to forget a zone!)

Eleanide 20:00 UTC
I wanted to say that the colors are very good:) because those who have view problems, distinguish well the sicones and races So thank you.
Zorroargh, 20:02 UTC
I just want to support what Eleanide said. What is very important to me is the contrast. I can see that lot of icon are made with contrast, what is important to see the object a nice way.

Moniq 20:01 UTC
If I may, I would like to see pacts in the list as expanded with descriptions as I have always set my bag to.
Inky 20:02 UTC
This is planned in my todo list :) to behave like the current list in the bag, but more condensed.

Q: What's the artifact?
A: An interface to use your teleportation system, it is totally optional. It is based on the marauder teleportation system, but without using ARK. It is a mirror of the pacts you own in bag, and act like a bookmark. Interface is client side, so you should not have lag or delay using it.

Q: What are conditions to get and use the teleportation artefact?
A: To own and use the artefact you will need +33 Kami or Karavan fame + the rite. The Auto Pact feature works with +33 fame or higher in case of surface altairs and +60 in case of altairs in Prime Roots.

Q: Where do you get the artefact?
A: You can get artefact at the 4 religious points on Atys, in Kami or Karavan temple.

Q: I'm at Kami temple, have 100 fame, no one (npc) want to sell artefact to me. What is wrong?
A: The artifact allowing to use the new K/K pact interface is finally available at the temples, from a dedicated NPC! (official announcement few hours after the meeting)

Q: If the fame shut down behind the requiered fame, is the auto pact still working?
A: No it won't.

Q: Is it possible to lock the windows mode of the interface after a log out?
A: It isn't possible yet.

Q: Is there an auto message when it auto buy and when it does not?
A: Yes, when you auto-buy new one or about that a teleporation pact was destroyed.

Q: Will the new Kami / Kara TP be same cost as Ranger?
A: It is an interface, the system stays the same as before, just the bulk of teleportation pacts was removed.

Q: Is there anything new for Neutrals?
A: This is an content addition only for Kami and Karavan (for once). Neutral players still benefits the free bulk :)

Laoviel 20:59 UTC
I used the interface a few times, all seems well, not much feedback to give. It's pleasant to use
Tuffgong 21:00 UTC
I use it from the day after the patch and except one TP lost (I think with the rez bug) it's nice to use. Good job :)

User suggestions
  • Ashuleila 20:33 UTC We need more option I think. Like to classify the TP buy price or alphabetical order.
  • Tuffgong 20:34 UTC Possibility to lock window mode of the interface to remain over re-log
  • Maiyr 20:59 UTC I think when changes are made like this, more information needs to be given such as how to implament the new changes. Most of us didn't know how to get the artifact to begin with as it was not explained.
  • Ashuleila 21:01 UTC Is is possible to have the windows of the Artefact at the connection ? Each time I must open it if I log out :/

Channel introduction (welcome messages)

Inky 21:05 UTC
Thank you for your feedback about the interface. To the next topic then. Any comments about the channel introduction ?
Luminatrix 21:06 UTC
Around and region are a bit awkwardly worded
Aleeskandaro 21:06 UTC
I think this change happened in the context of a forum thread started by Revvy. The purpose was to invite homins to RP and explain a bit what RP was etc. However the around intro just says ok here some people RP and doesn't go as deep as it should. Also agree there are some errors but i know some fixes were already proposed.
Inky 21:07 UTC
Tamarea and a Lorist are working on this subject, for now we added the introduction. We didn't forget the original request :) its in work in progress.
Eleanide 21:08 UTC
In french, the message is okay.
Laoviel 21:14 UTC
(about suggestion to add links to messages) I think hiding information behind a link makes fewer people likely to click on it.
Inky 21:15 UTC
Addition to roleplay description is in WIP (as stated earlier), the communication team and lore are on it. There is no message on lang universe because it is the same rules as the normal universe, and since players are smart enough to know this. Announcement message are sent in the system information too. Alright, thank you for participating. I will let you debate on the forum (i do read all the post on the idea section.)

User suggestions
  • Laoviel 21:08 UTC The explanation message appears only when you switch to that tab. So for example, in Universe it can appear after people have been talking a while ... it can be a bit difficult to understand it's a "message from the system".
  • Laoviel 21:11 UTC Newlines before and after, and maybe a tag like Info: or something similar :)
  • Eleanide 21:13 UTC Using *** would be fine
  • Aleeskandaro 21:14 UTC (about AROUND) "Learn more about here" (a link)
  • Bubbason 21:14 UTC Instead of an individual description for each channel, would it be better to have 1 link to a common forum that gives an explanation of what each channel is best used for? This way, you have an option to add more text, instead of a single sentence
  • Aleeskandaro 21:14 UTC It would be good to fix the channel description on top of chat window
  • Figment 21:18 UTC (about explanation of RP term) Give Chiang a little friend to introduce RP. maybe have a RP representant in each city
  • Bubbason 21:21 UTC I still think the option of more text is maybe better. For example, the description in around, if a new player decides they don't want to RP and closes around channel, they miss all kinds of other messages.
  • Aleeskandaro 21:32 UTC all channel descriptions should include a link to the game code of conduct and for around, both this link to coc and a description of what rp ist and how people rp, be it in another link or the description itself, it doesn't matter

Last edited by Moniq (23.1 hours ago) | Reason: +missing styles

uiWebPrevious123456uiWebNext
 
Last visit Fri May 24 21:33:49 2019 UTC
P_:

powered by ryzom-api