Report of the Court of the Karae held on Floris 29th, 2609-3 (1)At the invitation of Nya Karae Tamiela Fillia di Torani, fifty hominas and homins from all nations curious about our science gathered in the Throne Room of the Palace of Yrkanis to exchange the results of the observations made in the Nexus Minor, the region of Atys the most deeply affected by the barkquake of Medis 19th, 2608-2 (2).
Given the colourfulness of the assembly, the Karae opens Her Court by recalling the protocol that governs it… In vain, since its work will later be delayed or interrupted by the crash irruption of a curmudgeonly (but disciplined) Fyros patriot, the misguided presence on the scene of two young ill-mannered Matis in search of a reward, various whispering between some Fyros and other breaches of etiquette.
The successive interventions of Bubbason-ito (mischievous Zorai a bit off-topic), Ser Tapco (heren of the Alkiane Order), Serae Zendae (Masteress of Arms of the Kingdom), Serae Lylanea (ranger bard formerly Companion Lady of the Karae Mother Lea), Elke-miko (assiduous Zorai cartographer) and Ser Nathanel (heren of Strange Ones and skilled craftsman) could nevertheless be heard by all… and made possible the information of everyone about strange phenomena. Namely, that the disruption of the Nexus referred to above has had consequences:
- on its topography (obviously), which now shows, around Hammer Hills, not only enchanting landscapes but also unfathomable chasms;
- on its flora, where forest species now mix with species characteristic of other ecosystems (alaos and jayazengs of the Jungle, trumpers and small flyers of the Lakes, as well as olansis of the Desert) but also forest species, such as the angelio, once unknown in the region;
- on its fauna, whose specimens are now more aggressive and fearsome than before the catastrophe, including the gibbaïs, more vindictive and dangerous than ever;
- on its resources, at last: not only have the materials extracted since last year in the Nexus that could have been examined proved to be of exceptional quality, but they also seem to be at the origin of the changes, characterized above, in the regional fauna and flora.
Editor's note: The continuation (and end) of the account of the events of that day is, in fact, constituted by the missive the author of its beginning above addressed earlier today, on behalf of the Alkiane Order, to Her Majesty Tamiela.
(1) [HRP] Sunday, 2 August 2020 19:00:00 UTC (6 months ago) [/HRP]
(2) [HRP] Tuesday, 5 May 2020 19:00:00 UTC (9 months ago) [/HRP]
(3) See post