Report of Ryzom Forge's meeting - monday 23th of april 2015 - RYZOM FORGE - Ryzom Community Forum
Report of Ryzom Forge's meeting - monday 23th of april 2015
9 years ago
- The translation of the text about viral marketing is over:
(thanks to Phileur). A list of list of mmorpg web sites has been added to this thread. It would help any volunteers who want to raise Ryzom publicity in mmorpg forums. Please add more websites to this list if you know some more mmorpg web sites.
- Nuzanshi continued posting some Ryzom references, mostly on www.reddit.com/r/mmorpg and one on mmorpg.com.
Videos on Youtube and Vimeo
- Player Sygmus plans a Youtube channel about Ryzom. Once his channel is up, he will post a links on Ryzom forum and other mmorpg forums.
- Another Ryzom youtuber: Kyrosshouk, youtube name is MineKynoMine:
- Another video maker: Misugi (but not on Youtube and not in live).
- There also was a Bulac who was streaming Ryzom.
- Nuzanshi will search youtube and vimeo for Ryzom videos till next meeting and maybe some can be linked in Ryzom forum as beginner tutorials. But (s)he will need help with french Ryzom videos and languages other than DE and EN.
Communication on Linux websites
"I've come on Ryzom (and I know I'm not the only one) because I'm involved in the world of free software in general, and Linux especially, so I've been attracted by the release of its code. I'm writing quite a lot on specialised sites, and sometime also on jeuxlibres.net (the games under free licence, independently from their OS) and jeuxlinux.fr (game on Linux, independantly from their licence) and other diverse sites, more or less related. So I believe there is a way of attracting people who are not fundamentally gamers, but who want to try Ryzom because they agree with its general philosophy.
One of the topics which would really nead communication, on quite technical sites, it's ARCC (Ark). Moreover since the release of the artworks, and the Ryzom Forge team, it's something especially exciting for developers, fiddlers, and hackers. I know that ARCC isn'n free, but it may nonetheless strongly interest and attract new peoples, at least it is worth a try."
"Besides, I'm thinking that it may be interesting to have some lightly exclusive contents to propose to the specialised sites, event alternating and making cross referencing, to avoid the "advertisement announcement". It's quite good to write the announcement on a specific way for each site actually. Each community has specific codes, you don't announce something the same way on linuxfr and or diaspora for example...
Here, I haven't much more to add for now, since I've just joined the team, but as an exemple, here is the kind of articles I've already done (in French only, sorry,
Animators recruitment is open! We are looking especially for an animator who's not playing tryker and interested in taking care, eventually, of the tryker events. Generally speaking, we're looking to extend the animation team in order to offer more regular and varied events, and also to have animators in the american and australian timezone.
Ryzom Wiki : prototype of a new FR main page
- Zorroargh, helped by Zendae, is migrating the Lore in the Ryzom Wiki. He has summarised his experiments here in order to help the ones who want to join in integrating the Lore, wince it is a lot of work:
(a checklist is available to the end.)
- Deed joins the team.
Chronicles on weddings
- Update of the French pages about the fyros, matis, tryker, and zorai weeding with adition of three Atys chronicles:
- The next chronicle will be about a marauder wedding. It hasn't been published yet and is currently being translated.
"A multi-lingual wiki such as the one of Ryzom Forge would have allowed to move easily from one page to its equivalent in another language. Why this solution hasn't been chosen? Can it still be envisionned?"
It's almost impossible. Ryzom Forge was thought throught as multinilingual from the start, so there's no problem there. On the other hand, the Ryzom Wiki has ben developed, if I'm not mistaken, first in German then in English. The French wiki came afterwards on a different basis and with a strong independence to the English-German Ryzom Wiki. In addition, even the stories differ. Hence the conclusion: To do like Wikipedia, mention that the translation is available, without anything else.
"And why not creating a new wiki, like the RF one, which would be multilingual for the past-merge version of the Lore, since now we have the same one?"
It's a possibility. I see an intermediary way. I'd prefer to think about it before saying something wrong or giving false hopes.
-Welcome to Takiito, our new translator EN <=>DE!
Recruitment for translators is open
We're looking for translators and correctors to English, Spanish, French and Russion. (We currently have no russian translator, so we cannot provide update for the ingame text in this language anymore). Any help will be welcome, since there is a lot to translate and to correct for this small group (official announcements, event announcements, RP texts, new missions texts, chronicles, etc). If you're interested, please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correction of ingame text
has been translated in English:
(but need check).
- Drumel is thinking about a way to efficiently report the errors in the ingame text.
- Welcome to Graciela, currently under training! (EN, timezone US)
- Recruitment for CSR is open!
We're looking especially for Frenchspeaking and English-speaking volunteers. For more information regarding the Support Team and the recruitment, see
- The old "Dev roadmap" has become for some time the "Ryzom Roadmap" in order to keep you informed of the work of all Ryzom teams (inclunding Ryzom Core and Ryzom Forge):
Logs and reports
- To end this meeting, just one last question regarding the logs and minutes on the forum: do you prefer that there is one subject for each meeting, or one subject for eacht group which well be updated at each meeting? (Or both?)
- A volunteer to write the reports?
Last edited by
(9 years ago)
Ryzom Team Manager
(FR / EN / ES)
Last visit Saturday, 2 December 22:23:52 UTC