Content Patch 916-922 (2022-09-23)
Patch 2022-09-23: Silan refactoring & Q.O.L. patch
A client and server patch and a server restart are scheduled for September 23, 2022 to implement the changes and additions described below.
Silan refactoring : Character creation & Redesigned tutorial area
- During character creation, the last step emphasizes the roleplay aspect of the game by offering, instead of the old choice of a class, a list of choices which define the character's roleplay profile.
- These choices result in the display in game of two roleplay tags and a title that varies according to the chosen profile, as well as the gift of a weapon or a colored tool featuring improved statistics.
- A new starting zone, still on Silan but outside of the Rangers' camp, now offer new players guided welcome of better quality.
- A tutorial, divided into several lessons of 4 or 6 explanatory vignettes each, accompanies the first steps of new players.
- Each lesson of this tutorial deals with an aspect of the game that helps the player to become familiar with the interface in an interactive way.
- Each lesson offers a reward, either cosmetic or useful to the character's skill progression.
- The tutorial, although highly recommended, can be skipped via the /skiptutorial command. However, the lessons can be viewed and re-run at any time thereafter.
- This tutorial will be supplemented over the next few months with new lessons to improve the support for new players.
- Icons displayed on the map indicate the location of the four coaches in the Rangers' camp.
- A Marauders' mini-camp has been added on Silan with a lesson introducing the Marauders' faction and lessons presenting the other factions and peoples of Atys are in-progress.
Other Major Changes
- 5 new slots have been added to the equipment tab;
- You can only equip 'usable' items in these slots;
- You can configure keyboard shortcuts to use an item in a given pocket in the Keys window (Alt+1, ... Alt+5 by default);
- You can configure macros to use an item in a given pocket;
- Pockets are linked with item groups;
- There is a dedicated window for pockets that you can activate in the Windows window.
- Complete rewrite of the item group system which fixes many bugs;
- Groups no longer limit actions when re-equipping;
- Added an UI to create, equip, delete item groups in the equipment tab of the inventory;
- Fixed illegal item combinations using item groups.
- Added dynamic display of elements on resize;
- Added hands to the equipment window;
- Added a 3D first person view of your character.
Secondary Action Bar
- The secondary action bar is now independent from the primary one (which means 10 more pages of space).
Fixes and Q.O.L.
- Auto-login no longer crashes if it is unable to login;
- The crafting window now automatically changes craft success when the buff value changes;
- Material selection dialog in the crafting window is now sorted;
- Shift+Enter at a merchant now correctly sells to merchant;
- Removed memorized chat phrases;
- The enchantment icon now correctly updates for items in hands;
- Fixed the remaining 'stuck stanza' issues;
- 'Target' missions now correctly display the mob name;
- Removed incompletable Goo missions and fixed incorrect objectives where needed;
- Added a warning when the character's speed factor is 0;
- Weapons now correctly display in both hands on load-in;
- Cute, Frahar and Gibbai NPCs now correctly show on the compass;
- Stanza icons are now customizable;
- Added customizable tooltip opacity and background color option;
- Fixed text rendering outside its parent container;
- Added an action drag-and-drop lock option to the action bar;
- Made zoom levels independent in map (m) versus fullscreen map (ctrl+m);
- Markers not on the current mini-map are now hidden;
- Fixed crashes related to the MP3 player;
- Added options and keys button to the exit menu;
- The ESC key now opens the exit menu;
- Added Elyps count to the special bag.
The Ryzom Team remains at your disposal for any additional information and best wishes to you!Ryzom Team
powered by ryzom-api