Haido Xuan, the Dynastic Gardener, was in a hurry not to be late for her appointment with Mabreka. Her mission in Nexus was going pretty well. Since the barkquake, she had seen the region change and the emergence there of plants from other areas was intriguing to her. She had been busy, but the last meeting of the scientists had given her the creeps. She had to tell the Great Mask about it as soon as possible and ask for his advice.
– Kami'ata Revered Mabreka!
– Kami'ata Haido! You seem fidgety a lot! What's troubling your serenity?
– Season! exclaimed the gardener.
Mabreka looked at her, troubled in turn.
Haido Xuan made an effort to overcome her emotion and began to explain:
– We have regular meetings between scientists from the four nations in the Nexus. During the last one, Meeny O'Lan and Arry Sanin were talking about the recordings they are conducting in the region. According to them, it is possible that new tremors may occur, especially in the northern Nexus, which until now has been pretty well preserved.
That is when the stele of Sage Season suddenly came back to my mind and, upset by this thought, I didn't follow too much what our two collaborators from the FISHES Society were saying.
Mabreka stared at the gardenerer for a moment and then seemed to concentrate before speaking again.
– Do you think they would agree to come and tell us about the situation?
– I'm sure they would, Great Mask: they love to talk about their recordings! The only worry will be to stop them when they are launched on the topic.
– Thank you, Haido! And be serene: Ma-Duk will show us the way!