Presentation of the roadmap
IntroductionThe 2018 roadmap aims both to offer you, the players, as many new features as possible and more technical resources to Ryzom team members, without neglecting essential maintenance.
The ambitions set out in this roadmap are made possible by an increase in our human and technical resources, as well as by the reorganization of our teams (currently 36 active NDA members) and tools, carried out last year.
Where to consult the roadmap?It can be consulted publicly out of game by clicking on "Roadmap 2018" on the WebIG homepage (https://app.ryzom.com ).
How to read the roadmap?It is divided into three parts:
- Players features (Content for players)
- Internal features (Tools and functions for internal use)
It has 5 columns showing the progress of each task:
- Backlog (Waiting)
- Work in progress
Each task corresponds to a project. It shows the following information:
- The project description
- The % of work already done
- The category: Boss, Events, Gameplay, Mission, Rite...
Let us now look at the content of the roadmap.
Player featuresThe current game system doesn't handle the rewards of events (scripted or animated), with rewards in very limited number and often unsuitable in kind and quantity. That's why we will be working on both overhauling the event reward system and renewing the rewards themselves:
- Addition of a Random reward tool
- Addition of a reward buying tool (IG currency)
- Addition of new rewards
At the same time, we will complete the projects already underway in 2017. Some will bring new permanent content.
- Addition of Ranger Rite
- Opening of Silan from Mainland
- [Fyros events] Academy Congress
- [Fyros event] Thesos Defence Towers
- Opening of Pocket Worlds Creator to players
To build on our momentum, other new permanent content projects will be launched, with a goal to be completed this year.
- Addition of a gooified Cratcha Boss
- Addition of the Matis light Marauder Boss
- OOC marauder event “The mysterious four”
- [Mission] Addition of “Keeping the fires on at the gates of Pyr”
- Addition of Collection achievements
- Addition of Kitin dynamic invasions
- [Missions] Addition of Marauder missions
- [Missions] Addition of missions designed by Ryzom Forge
Concerning the events played, we will concentrate on a single sequence of events:"Purple Gubani". This guideline will give birth to events in all nations and factions.
- [RP events] “Purple Gubani”
And finally, to better prepare for the future by including players in future choices, a new voting system for "Player Ideas" will be put in place on the Ryzom forum.
- Addition on forums of a new vote system
Let's now talk about the additions that will be useful to the Ryzom teams.
Internal featuresThree important additions will greatly increase our technical possibilities when preparing the event mobs and NPCs.
- Add new resistances overload
- Add new item stats overload
- Add new loot overload
An essential step to making 3D additions to the ground useful: the dev team will work on collisions, so that the characters can climb / walk on them.
- Collision improvement
MaintenanceMaintenance, which was neglected in 2017 due to a lack of human resources, will again be carried out regularly.
- Exploit & bug fixes
- Ingame text update & fix
- Ticket improvement system
- Update of the Code of Conduct
- Marauder gameplay fix & improvement (Note that this project is at the junction between Player features and Maintenance.
ConclusionOf course, this roadmap is ambitious, but we have the human and technical resources to carry it out over the year.
2018 should therefore prove to be very rich in Ryzommian new features!